My photo
I'm a Superwoman. I work hard now so I can play harder later. ... And I say exactly what I think, generally at the time in which the thought arises. Didn't it ever occur to you that life would be spectacularly more entertaining if everyone did this? But people are so ridiculously concerned with keeping up appearances. That's the thing, though; appearances are seldom what they seem. Fortunately, when it comes to Jade, what you see is what you get. Now, I don't know if that encourages you or not.

Friday, October 8, 2010

In the Beginning

So I've been thinking about how difficult marketing a new book will be, and realized that I should begin the process now.  I figured that a good way to do so would be to begin a blog, and, assuming all goes well, create a following.  A year or two from now, when my book is published, I will hopefully have a large number of dedicated readers who will be interested in what I have to say.  Please inform your friends and people who you know would be interested in keeping up with my posts on a regular basis.  Thanks and love you all --

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm posting the very 1st comment. That's because I'm your very biggest fan and also very 1st fan. Welcome to the blogworld (though I remember the one you kept when you were at Cambridge and in Paris). I must say, as a proud mother of home-educated children, you are the proof that it works. All that copywork PAID off! Love you more than life, ~mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what I should be writing about but I want to support your endeavor. I do agree with you that people should speak what is on their minds. However, I think thoughts should be shared with respect for the receiver and with tact. These are attributes which you have always shown and I wish that for everyone. Thoughts not shared tactfully are usually not received with the original intent and many times valuable information is lost.

    I must admit, I never understood the concept of blogging . . . I'm a product of the baby boom and therefore not as technologically literate as I should be but this is fun and interesting. I will continue to support your blog and anxiously await the publication of your book. You always have something interesting to say and in a "common sense" way.

    ReplyDelete